Jefferson County is in the 13th percentile for safety in the United States. That means:
- 87 percent of the nation’s counties are safer than Jefferson County.
- That is why It is imperative that we get a hold of it to ensure that our residents’ are protected and that their quality of life is held to the highest standard.
- That I implement processes by which dangerous inmates are accounted for and not prematurely released.
- Safety should not be subject different zip codes, but it should always be the standard system of highest importance in any area of Jefferson County.
Transparency is paramount in my goal to create an integrity based administration. Accordingly I will:
- uphold the highest standard for all deputies in my administration.
- lead with practices that will in turn foster accountability and transparency.
- Offer programs that will educate and equip those who struggle with recidivism.
The Sheriff of Jefferson County must be an agent for Justice. To ensure that Justice is the ultimate outcome, the policies and procedures of my administration will:
- Ensure competent crime scene and criminal investigations.
- Require deputies to maintain order without violating the rights of the accused.
- Ensure humane treatment of all residents in the Jefferson County Jail.
WILSON HALE FOR JEFFERSON COUNTY SHERIFF ON MAY 24TH, 2022
With over thirty-five years of experience in Law Enforcement coupled with twenty-four years as an Army Veteran, Wilson has proven experience as a transformational leader.
Having accomplished notable recognition during the span of his thirty-five years of Law Enforcement, Wilson served as the Acting Post Commander over five counties; was recognized for excellence, twice Awarded ‘AL State Trooper of the Year’; and received the prestigious Governor’s Award, AL Good Samaritan of the Year.
His early role as a twenty-four year U.S. Army Veteran undoubtedly equipped him with the tools to strategize and mobilize units that dismantled terrorism and its many forces.
- Lead Military Theater of 300+ Soldiers on Global War on Terrorism (Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge);
- Successfully organized and managed Field Hospitals with a multimillion dollar budget;
- Prepared for and responded to disasters; and trained 700+ soldiers as the Non-commissioned Officer Instructor.
An upstanding Family Man who serves diligently, Wilson is a Proud husband to Valerie Hicks Hale and Father to one son, two bonus children. and one adorable Grand-dog.