Focusing on Safety for all
residents of Jefferson
When elected as your sheriff, Wilson will be Jefferson County’s strongest advocate for safety. With safety as his number one priority, Wilson Hale is also committed to collaborating and partnering with experts in the area of pipeline to prison intervention and mental health disorders, that too often lead to unnecessary interaction with law enforcement.
Wilson Hale’s administration will be tough on violent criminals who are determined to hold our residents hostage with fear, while offering opportunities of hope to those who need and want a pathway to becoming productive citizens.
His diverse training and experience is demonstrative of his ability to understand organizational management and navigate complex challenges.
He has successfully planned, directed, supervised, and coordinated work activities of subordinates and staff equipping them with tools relevant to the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency and United States Military.
Finally, as your sheriff Wilson will work to ensure that justice is
the outcome of all that is done. From how law enforcement interacts with the residents to how inmates are treated all coupled with how he empowers those who work for the office to do the right thing.
Why I'm Qualified
35 years of Law Enforcement:
– Served as the Acting Post Commander (Five Counties);
– Recognized for excellence: Twice Awarded ‘ AL State Trooper of the Year’;
– Received the prestigious Governor’s Award, AL Good Samaritan of the Year;
24 Years U.S. Army Veteran:
- – Lead Military Theater of 300+ Soldiers on Global War on Terrorism (Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge);
– Successfully organized and managed Field Hospitals with a multimillion dollar budget;
– Prepared for and responded to disasters
– Trained 700+ soldiers as the Non-commissioned Officer Instructor.
20+ Years of volunteer experience working with schools, non-profits and professional organizations:
– National Prosecutors Association
– National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives
– AL State Troopers Association
– Nurturing Golden Hearts
– Real Men Don’t Sabotage Achievements with Guns (SAG)
– Shoot Cameras Don’t Shoot Guns
– McAdory PTA
– University of AL
– New Jerusalem Baptist Church
Family Man: Proud husband to Valerie Hicks Hale and Father to one son, two bonus children. and one adorable Grand-dog.